The Canadian Institute of Health Research – Institute of Genetics is pleased to announce the upcoming funding opportunity “National Pediatric Rare Disease Clinical Trials and Treatment Network”.
The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are to:
- Develop a platform to support pediatric rare disease clinical trials in Canada;
- Increase the capacity to perform rare disease clinical trials in Canada;
- Attract international clinical trials;
- Foster diversity and inclusion in and improve access to clinical trials;
- Implement processes to acquire data from clinical trials, real world registries, health economics evaluation, and post-marketing surveillance;
- Increase the number of new rare disease drug submissions for authorization of commercialization to Health Canada.
More details on the grant award and application process: here.