As one of the outcomes of the MedTech for Rare Diseases Working Group led by IRDiRC members Anneliene Jonker and Marc Dooms, the Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases has decided to focus a thematic issue on the questions regarding the research and development of orphan devices and medical technologies that are being developed for Rare Diseases patients.
The Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases has recently opened recruitement for authors to address questions such as the following:
- What are medical technologies that are currently being developed for rare disease patients?
- What are the best ways to support medical device development for rare diseases?
- What are the best practice examples of patient engagement in medical technology for rare diseases development?
- What are the best approaches to develop novel technologies for rare diseases?
- What are the main barriers and challenges?
The articles will undergo the journal’s standard peer-review process.
To submit an article to the series, please use the Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases‘s submission system.