IRDiRC does not currently provide research grants. Its funding members contribute through their own rare disease research efforts and release a number of funding opportunities focused on rare disease research that adhere to IRDiRC Policies and Guidelines.
In addition, some members collaborate to release joint funding calls and support joint research projects.
These funding opportunities will be updated soon.
The aim of the call is to enable scientists in different countries to build an effective collaboration on a common interdisciplinary research project based on complementarities and sharing of expertise, with a clear future benefit for patients.
Research proposals should cover at least one of the following areas
- Health & social care services research to improve patient and familial/household health outcomes
- Economic Impact of Rare diseases
- Psychological and Social Impact of Rare diseases
- Studies addressing the impact/burden of the delay in diagnosis and of the lack of therapeutic intervention.
- e-Health in rare diseases: Use of innovative technology systems for care practices in health and social services
- Development and enhancement of health outcomes research methods in rare diseases
- Effects of pandemic crisis and the global outbreak alert and response on the rare disease field, and the emergence of innovative care pathways in this regard.
Other research topics are possible as long as they focus on SSH research and are not in the excluded topics list.
Open date (earliest submission date): December 16, 2020
Pre-proposal Submission date: February 16, 2021
Application Due Dates: June 15, 2021
Clinical Studies of Orphan Products Addressing Unmet Needs of Rare Diseases (R01) Clinical Trials Required
The purpose of this funding opportunity announcement (FOA) is to fund well-controlled studies in support of a new indication or change in labeling of products to address unmet needs in rare diseases or conditions. Through the funding of efficient and innovative clinical studies evaluating safety and/or efficacy, FDA expects to increase the number of treatments for rare diseases with an unmet medical need and exert a broad and positive impact on rare disease drug development.
Open date (earliest submission date): August 6, 2020; August 5, 2021
Letter of Intent: September 8, 2020 (Optional); September 7, 2021 (Optional)
Application Due Dates:
October 6, 2020, October 5, 2021; by 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early to allow adequate time to make any corrections to errors found in the application during the submission process by the due date.
Applicants should be aware that on-time submission means that an application is submitted error free (of both Grants.gov and eRA Commons errors) by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the application due date.
Late applications will not be accepted for this FOA.